|Berry And Almond Polenta Cake|
Berry And Almond Polenta Cake
Cooking time: 1 hour
* 6 egg whites
* 140g butter
* 140g castor sugar
* 140g ground almonds
* 250g fat-free cottage cheese
* 75g mixed frozen berries, thawed
* 25g polenta
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together, then add the other ingredients. Gently fold in the egg whites.
2. Spoon this mixture into greased coffee cups or ramekins or a greased springform baking tin. Place the cups or baking tin on a roasting tray and pour water into the tray until it reaches halfway up the cups.
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, till light brown. Serve warm.