|Potato And Ham Bake|
Potato And Ham Bake
Cooking time: 50 minutes
* 6 potatoes, sliced
* 200g low-fat cream cheese
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1 handful fresh tarragon
* Few sprigs fresh thyme
* 250g boneless ham, cut into bite-size pieces
* 1 packet fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. In a medium pot, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water till just tender. Drain then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. In another saucepan, combine the cream cheese, milk, a handful of Parmesan, and a little pepper. Heat and whisk until smooth and the cheese melts. Remove from the heat and stir in the herbs.
3. Layer half the potatoes, ham, asparagus, and sauce in a baking dish. Repeat with a second layer. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes or till golden. Enjoy this with a salad.